About Domestic Geek Diva
Hey, there! It’s so nice to meet you!
My name is Dara and welcome to my little nook. I’m a 30-something work-at-home wife and blogger based in Cebu, Philippines. I’m a proud member of the Cebu Bloggers Society, the “premier blogging society in the south.”
That would’ve been a nice introduction. But a lot has changed in the last seven months or so.
For starters, I’m no longer based in Cebu. I’m still in the Philippines, but my husband and I have moved to the concrete jungle of Metro Manila. You can read a brief story about our “Goodbye, Cebu” story here.
That’s also mainly the reason this blog hasn’t been updated. There are just too many things on my plate to find the time to update my little online niche.
Anyway, I’ve been contemplating on whether to just kill this blog or let it die a slow death, what with my busy work life and all the hullabaloo moving and settling down to a new place. But I just don’t have the heart to.
At least not yet.
I don’t know why I felt that way even though there’s no point in doing so when I don’t have any readers anymore (cue embarrassing laughter).
After longs of thinking about it, I decided to just give it one more try.
New Blog Chapter, Same Old Me
As we are in a new chapter of our lives, my husband and I, there are going to be changes in my blog. What used to be a blog focused mainly on books, what I’m going to talk about here will be about our adventures living in this “foreign” place, our ups and downs, and the things I’m doing to keep a well-balanced life.
Yes, I’m no longer a freelance copywriter by day and a domestic geek. I’m now back in the corporate world working in a position I never dreamed of landing. All I can say it’s a huge blessing that came knocking on our door that it would be stupid enough of me not to accept it and take on the challenge of leaving home.
I work full-time now in a super dynamic department that finding balance with all the craziness is a huge challenge. And unDomestic Geek Diva will be my way to document my progress in finding balance in my life — as a wife, an assistant director, an active Mormon, a sister, a daughter, aspiring novelist, wannabe mom, and a book geek who loves to travel, watch K-drama, do arts and crafts, and experience many things.
As you stick with me, I hope you’ll enjoy the ride.
Of course, you can still read about my book reviews, the books I love and not hate as well as any updates about my favorite authors. If you’re a voracious reader like me, I hope you’ll find my Book Affair informative and useful in looking for new titles to read.
I’m open for collaborations, too. If you’d like to work with me, send me a message at chok2xpang2x [at] gmail.com
Top 10 Random Facts About Moi:
1. I’m an aspiring novelist. I’ve written 5 novels so far and all are stuck in chapter three. I have lots of story ideas running in my head but I just couldn’t find the time or the motivation to finish them all. Ugh!
2. I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue. (I bet you tried that, haha!)
3. I love photography and hope to go pro one day. Check out my photography site at www.pixeart.com and let me know what you think of my work.
4. I still believe in old-fashioned values, like chivalry.
5. I’m an archaeologist in a parallel universe.
6. I love the movies Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, Clueless, Star Wars Trilogy, Indiana Jones Trilogy, Apocalypto. 13th Warrior and The Brotherhood of the Wolves. Oh and I love Gone With the Wind, too!
7. It’s my dream to dance the Singkil as lead. It’s a traditional Muslim royal dance, which is more intense than a Tinikling. Check out this dance video to know why I’m so fascinated by it.
8. I can play the piano but can’t sing.
9. I love experimental cooking.
10. I can’t bake a cake. But I make the meanest Mango Float.