About Domestic Geek Diva
Hey, there! It’s so nice to meet you!
My name is Dara and welcome to my little nook. I’m a 30-something work-at-home wife and blogger based in Cebu, Philippines. I’m a proud member of the Cebu Bloggers Society, the “premier blogging society in the south.”
I’d love to tell you something very interesting about myself, but to be honest, I’m just a regular “inday” –this means young woman, dear, or girl friend in the Visayan language — who has a passion for books, arts and crafts and learning something new. Nevertheless, allow me to introduce myself in a way that’ll help explain the reason for this blog.
*Ahem* So here goes.
I’m a freelance copywriter by day and a domestic geek, well, most of the day. I’m a sucker for young adult fiction and I can’t bake for sh*t. I can cook but mostly fried food, eggs, noodles and spaghetti. These are just the extent of my cooking skills. We live in a tiny one-bedroom apartment here in the City with our two cute hamsters, Bonnie and Clyde.
I created Domestic Geek Diva as a way to document my progress as a domestic goddess as well as a way to share to you my kitchen experiments, arts and crafts projects and our travel adventures. Domestic Geek Diva also serve as my outlet after I read a book because, well, I just have to vent out my pent-up emotions. Lol!
In here, you’ll read about my book reviews, the books I love and not hate as well as any updates about my favorite authors. If you’re a voracious reader like me, I hope you’ll find my Book Affair informative and useful in looking for new titles to read.
I’d also love to read all about your book adventures so drop me a line and I’ll be glad to visit your blog and share our insights.
I’m open for collaborations, too. If you’d like to work with me, send me a message at chok2xpang2x [at] gmail.com
Top 10 Random Facts About Moi:
1. I’m an aspiring novelist. I’ve written 5 novels so far and all are stuck in chapter three. I have lots of story ideas running in my head but I just couldn’t find the time or the motivation to finish them all. Ugh!
2. I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue. (I bet you tried that, haha!)
3. I love photography and hope to go pro one day. Check out my photography site at www.pixeart.com and let me know what you think of my work.
4. I still believe in old-fashioned values, like chivalry.
5. I’m an archaeologist in a parallel universe.
6. I love the movies Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, Clueless, Star Wars Trilogy, Indiana Jones Trilogy, Apocalypto. 13th Warrior and The Brotherhood of the Wolves. Oh and I love Gone With the Wind, too!
7. It’s my dream to dance the Singkil as lead. It’s a traditional Muslim royal dance, which is more intense than a Tinikling. Check out this dance video to know why I’m so fascinated by it.
8. I can play the piano but can’t sing.
9. I love experimental cooking.
10. I can’t bake a cake. But I make the meanest Mango Float.