Book Review Policy
Hi, my name is Dara the book geek and writer of this blog, Domestic Geek Diva. I’m currently OPEN to book review requests from authors, publishers, and literary agencies. If you would like to make a book review request, please read my book review policy first before sending a request.
Genres I accept for review:
- Young adult fiction
- Chick lit
- Fantasy (vampire/high fantasy/steampunk)
- Non-fiction (biography/autobiography)
- Periodic/Historical novel
- Dystopian YA
- Fairy tale retelling
- Classic literature
- Children’s book (This depends on the kind as I don’t have kids to read them too)
- Cultural fiction
- YA romance
- Mystery/Thriller (not super violent)
- Science fiction (realistic)
Genres I don’t read:
- Adult romance (heavy sexual themes)
- Horror (super gore)
- Business books
- School Text books
Book copies I accept:
- ARC (paperback/hardcover)
- Finished copies (paperback/hardcover)
- Ebook (Kindle/Epub/MOBI)
I don’t accept the following:
- Non-exclusive cover reveals
- Anything spammy
- Marketing or promo blitzes
- Non-relevant posts on my blog
- Post/write-up about a book I haven’t read
Book Review Style
When I write a review, I include my review rating, the book’s release date, publisher, author, genre, number of pages and the book format. If the book has an award, I may highlight it in the post. I don’t receive any compensation for any of my reviews. All my reviews are based from my personal experiences and opinions while reading the book. Yes, they’re subjective and I’m honest about them. If I like it, I’d recommend it. If not, I’d say otherwise.
My review ratings are based on five little open black books, with five open books the highest and five close books the lowest. Check out my Little Black Book ratings here.
Besides posting my review here, I’ll also be posting on Goodreads and Amazon.
I will also state where I got my books. If I got a copy of a book from an author or publisher in exchange for an honest review, I’ll also state it at the top of my post. I don’t sell finished copies or ARCs I receive. I will, with permission granted, pass them on to another blogger or give them away.
I’m open to:
- Hosting giveaways
- Interviewing authors
- Joining blog tours
- Book features (only when I’ve read the book or if I agree to do so)
- Doing other fun things like those mentioned above
How to make a book review request?
- Please read my review policy. If you don’t agree if them, please don’t contact me.
- Check out my past book reviews so you’ll know if we are a good match.
- Send me an email, post a comment or send me a message through Facebook or Twitter.
- State the following in your request:
> Summary or synopsis
> Release date
> Other relevant information (Details on why this would be a good fit for me to write a review, especially if you’re a self-published author)
> Time frame on when you want the review to be posted. This won’t guarantee that I’ll post my review on your schedule, but it can influence my decision. I do appreciate it if you send out a copy well in advance before your target date.
- Once I receive a copy of your books, I’ll confirm it via email and through my social media channels.
Other info you need to know:
- I cannot guarantee that I’ll read your books as soon as I get them as I have tons of other books to read, most of them dated back from last year. I also have a life outside of my blog so there may be days I might be busy with work projects.
- I can’t always respond to emails quickly due to time constraints. However, this doesn’t mean that I’m not interested or don’t want to do any review offers in the future. If you have something that might be a good fit, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
- When I do a review is at my own discretion. I also reserve the right NOT to write a review when I don’t feel comfortable doing it or I don’t like the theme of the book.
I really appreciate you taking the time to read my book review policy. If you feel that this is a good fit or would like to work with me, please contact me at chok2xpang2x [at] gmail.com.